Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
School Library System | Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES | 1879 West Genesee Street Road | Auburn, NY 130211879 West Genesee Street Road ● Auburn, NY 13021
What are LibGuides?
- Lib(rary) + Guides
- It is a product from Springshare
- A system that allows librarians to easily create and share information
How does it work?
- It works in boxes, pages, and guides.
- These hold information about your library.
- Boxes can be recycled to other pages and guides.
- Pages can be recycled to other guides.
How does it organize my information?
- You create and assign your subjects.
- You identify keywords so your students can search your LibGuides.
My school colors are (insert your colors) and the font is too small.
- Go ahead and change your colors, you have full administrative access to your site.
- Insert some *.css into your settings so that everything on your site is uniform.
But I don't have time to create something new for a class first thing tomorrow.
- Check out the LibGuides Community, perhaps someone else has already created a LibGuide you can use.
Getting Help With Libguides
Check out these resources from Springshare.
Individual assistance is also available.
Contact your SLS coordinator.