Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
School Library System | Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES | 1879 West Genesee Street Road | Auburn, NY 130211879 West Genesee Street Road ● Auburn, NY 13021
About Communication Coordinators
Council Representation and Duties
Communication Coordinators are a separate group from the school library system council with different roles and responsibilities. The main function of the communication coordinators (individually and as a group) is to provide two-way communication between the member libraries and the school library system. This can be accomplished through:
- regular meetings in which the communication coordinators discuss how to implement the policies recommended by the council;
- sharing information on system programs (e.g., training), procedures (e.g., interlibrary loan), data collection (e.g., database development, statistics on interlibrary loan, etc.);
- developing committees and/or interest groups (e.g., an elementary school librarians cluster group, automation users group, etc.);
- bringing the needs of school library system users (students, faculty and administrators) to the attention of the school library system council and director;
- identifying subject experts from among member librarians and others and recruiting them to participate in SLS projects and committees; and
- identifying and recruiting potential council members.
For more information, see: Overview of Council and Communication Coordinator Responsibilities.
Auburn Enlarged City School District
Christina Lupo and Marcella Didio
Cato-Meridian Central School District
Jordan-Elbridge Central School District
Moravia Central School District
Port Byron Central School District
Skaneateles Central School District
Southern Cayuga Central School District
Union Springs Central School District
Weedsport Central School District
All Communication Coordinators are expected to attend the Communication Coordinators meetings. If you are unable to attend, please contact the SLS coordinator and check to see if another SLMS from your district would be able to attend in your place.