Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
School Library System | Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES | 1879 West Genesee Street Road | Auburn, NY 130211879 West Genesee Street Road ● Auburn, NY 13021
Cooperative Collection Development Plan
Cooperative Collection Development (CCD) is a means to acquire various collections of resources that can be shared among participating school libraries in the Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES.
- All the libraries in the Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES School Library System (SLS) are eligible to participate in the CCD plan.
- Funding will be provided by the participating school districts. (They may use a Co-ser option)
- Participating schools agree to circulate the CCD materials to other schools under the School Library System’s ILL Policy.
- The SLS will provide incentive grants to CCD participants if state aid is available.
- Cooperatively plan and purchase specialized materials.
- Expend funds in a cost-effective manner.
- Make quality research resources available to students and teachers in the Cayuga-Onondaga SLS.
- Avoid duplication of services with each participant acquiring appropriate and unique resources.
School Library System Responsibilities
- Form a Resource Sharing/Collection Development Committee.
- Provide the CCD Committee with information about various research materials available.
- Oversee the CCD finances.
- Gather statistics about use and satisfaction of the program.
- Determine CCD areas for development.
- Continue to maintain a basic school library media collection for use by teachers and students.
- Develop collections along the CCD designated areas.
- Use the School Library System ILL service to lend and borrow CCD materials.
- Actively participate in the decision making of the CCD committee.
- Option: Participate in the BOCES Co-Ser for CCD in order to enhance collections at the building level and provide fiscal reimbursement for those participating districts.
CCD Committee Responsibilities
- Survey participating library collections to identify each school’s resource needs.
- Suggest which subject areas are in need of further resources.
- Review the CCD plan on an annual basis.
- Adhere to the CCD goals established in the School Library System’s Plan of Service.
- Assess the effectiveness of the collection development in the selected subject areas.
- Annually review requests for additional materials and make any needed adjustments based on changes in the NYS curriculum, needs of individual schools, and resource needs of system participants.