A WebQuest is an inquiry-based lesson in which students use information from the sources provided to draw their own conclusions about a topic.
Sports & Culture
Many sports figures and events have had an impact on American life and culture.
Among athletes and figures in the sports world, who has had the greatest impact on American culture, adn why do you think so?
1. Find out who your assigned person/event is.
2. Review the information on the links provided below.
3. Take notes and summarize what you have found.
4. Combine your notes with others in your group.
5. Work together to create a powerpoint/presentation on why your assigned athlete/event is the most influential.
Babe Didrikson. N.d. Hutton Archives. NPR.
26 June 2011. Web. 30 May 2014. http://www.npr.org/2011/06/26/137319975/remembering-a-babe-sports-fans-shouldnt-forget
Tip: This site has a list of nine documents – each has some information that may be helpful
Lock Haven State College students supporting Title IX at United States Capitol. April 1979. Women's Sports Foundation.
2011. Web. May 30, 2014. http://www.womenssportsfoundation.org/home/athletes/for-athletes/know-your-rights/parent-resources/play-fair-a-title-ix-playbook-for-victory.
Pineda, J. Suma Press. N.d. Sports Illustrated.
2014. Web. 30 May 2014. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1006/boxing.muhammad.ali.tribute/content.3.html.